This apple crisp is made with pure and healthy ingredients so it can be served at breakfast, or, for an extra special treat, serve it with your favorite vegan ice cream for a sweet & creamy satisfying dessert!
6 thinly sliced apples of choice (I used a mix of sweet and tangy: Braeburn, Winesap, Fuji, and Granny Smith)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon arrowroot or corn starch
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3 teaspoons+ cinnamon
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Sprinkle of sea salt
Blueberries are optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Wash and thinly slice your apples then place in baking dish.
3. To the apples, add cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, lemon juice, a sprinkle of sea salt, and arrowroot or corn starch then give it a good toss so every slice is coated. Set aside.
4. Now let's start on the crumb topping. Pour your raw almonds into a food processor and blend until nuts reach a course meal.
5. Transfer almond meal to a large bowl.
6. To the almond meal, add oats, cinnamon, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of sea salt, then give it a good toss. Take a taste and adjust flavor accordingly.
7. Add your crumb topping about a half cup at a time on top of your apples and pack it down so it lays snug around your apples, finishing it off evenly on top.
8. If you'd like, you may place blueberries around the perimeter for an extra level of flavor, plus they look pretty!
9. Place in preheated oven uncovered for about 30 minutes or until apples start to bubble and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Check it every 10 minutes or so to make sure the top does not cook too quickly. If it begins to brown before the filling begins to bubble, cover it with aluminum foil and cook until the filling begins to bubble. Continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let sit for 20 minutes then enjoy!